Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Super Capes

I made this cape for my Super Micah the other day seen here modeled on Maressa actually! This came about from his superman jammies he inherited from big brother that has a velcro on cape. He was ALL about the cape and wanted one to wear all the time. So I made him this blue cape upon request with his initial. It was super easy! ;)

To make your own toddler sized cape you simply cut out a rectangle 22"x24", Hem three side leaving on of the shorter sides unfinished. The unfinished side make a gathering stitch all the way across. Now cut a rectangle 22"x4" for the collar. Fold in half wrong sides together and sew short sides together and turn back out. Iron the long side tucking under a seam along the raw edges. Now mark the collar about 3-4" in from the edges. Gathered the top of the cape and pin in between the 2 marks. Sew it down inside the collar. Now pin the other side of collar over the top of the cape and sewn along the entire bottom edge of collar. Lastly, sew velcro on the edges of the collar.

If you want to add an initial or superman logo, use heat n bond lite to iron it on, then a zig zag stitch to sew it down. Hope my directions make sense! I'm not to great at describing how to sew things as I am a visual learner. ;)

And here are a couple of 3 and 4 year old projects I finished the other day! These were started for Kalla and now they are Maressa's size! :) Better late than never right??
And I'm STILL getting through the half done projects pile!

2 comments:

Punky N Munky said...

That's an awesome cape! I made one for dd last year, have been wanting to make one for ds now that he is getting old enough!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Hi! Just wanted to say that I love your blog & I especially like this project for Easter. I’ve featured you on my blog here:
http://delicious-ambiguity-nennyk.blogspot.com/2010/03/easter-gift-ideas-for-toddlers.html
I hope you’ll stop by. You can get my new featured button on the top left hand side of my blog if your interested. I also have a McLinky party called Tot Tuesdays if you'd like to join.
Cheers, Jenn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails