Friday, July 25, 2008

Glitter Playdough

I don't remember where I first saw the notion of glitter playdough, but when I did I knew it would be a great party favor for Kalla's birthday party. Super simple to make!


4 C all purpose flour

2 C non-iodized salt

4 C water

8 tsp cream of tartar

4 tbsp cooking oil


Cook and stir on med-low til forms. Careful not to burn. If coloring, mix food coloring in water first. When cooled down, knead dough and put in sealed container.


To add glitter just use craft glitter and knead into dough. Keep adding glitter til it is as 'sparkly' as you desire.


This recipe makes a ton. I got 7 individual containers out of less than half.

6 comments:

Bobbi & Noe said...

My daughter is having a sleepover in a couple of weeks and I think this would be perfect!!!

melissa said...

add koolaid packets for great smell!

Courtney @ Sweeter Than Cupcakes said...

Do you know how long this will last?

Unknown said...

Thank you for this recipe. Just made a batch for my daughters birthday party. I added a tbsp of vinegar to help slow bacteria growth and used kool aid for color :o)

Erin said...

I love this! We make playdough but glittery? Way cooler! So going to make this! Thanks!

Lily's Treasures said...

Love this receipe. My daughter is nearly one year old, she is a little young for that, but I will take the receipe for later. I'll try it myself first maybe ! I always like new doughs and clays to work with. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails