Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Making soap is SO easy!

I made this peppermint scrub soap for my recent party. I thought I'd share how easy it is to make...you don't even have to be super crafty!Here's what ya need: soap mold, glycerin soap, crushed apricot seed, peppermint essential oil and coloring tints...I got it all at Hobby Lobby. All my supplies I've had for years and have just had to buy more glycerin. This year I got the shea butter kind.

For the peppermint soaps I melted 4 squares in a microwave safe glass measuring cup for 45 seconds. Then I added 3 drops of peppermint oil, coloring and some apricot seed scrub. I did this for plain white, another with one drop of red and another with a drop of yellow and blue to make green.

First I poured the white melted soap into the 4 molds, then the pinky/red and then the light green til filled. Then I carefully swirled the soap around in the mold to get a marbled/swirly colored effect. Placed each bar in a small cellophane bag and tied it up. Then I gave them out as party favors. :)

These would make great gifts for friends and teachers paired up with the sugar scrub.

As an aside, if you are wondering what I'm posting multiple times of the day this week is I have a few more things I'd like to share and it's crunch time so no sense sharing when you won't have time to use the idea. Plus I plan on going on a little blogging break starting next Mon or Tues and hopefully be done with all my crafting. I want to then just spend the next week and a half playing games on the floor with my kids, snuggled on the couch with my kids (maybe hubby too ;) and sipping hot chocolate with my kids! And remove 'not now, Mommy is busy' from my vocabulary!!!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Deanna,
Thanks for sharing the "how-to" on soap. I always thought it required chemistry so I was frightened. Now I might try it.

Shari said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Abbie at The Handmade Quilter... the title of your post caught my eye in the sidebar. And then I saw all the party food and ideas and it's just - wow! You must have so much fun at Christmas! Thank you for so many ideas...
Have a great Christmas!

Deanna said...

Heather it's as easy as microwaving! :) Hope you try it!

Shari, thanks! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deanna!
I love this project so I posted it on my site TwoHeartsTogether! I didn't have a way to contact you but here is the link you can visit the post where your site is featured.
You can contact me on my site if you would like my site icon to post on your "I've been featured" area. :)

http://2heartstogether.blogspot.com/2008/12/homemade-peppermint-scrub-soap.html

Deanna said...

Thanks Samantha! I'll be glad to put your button on with the others. :)

Katie said...

I SO want to make my own soap, I am just overwhelmed by all the equipment and all that and I am worried that the scents I might add will smell really horrible. May have to just jump in and do it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails