Friday, April 11, 2008

Cupcake soaps

These treats are not so sweet to eat. But they smell good and will give you a good scrub in the tub! One thing I love to always have on hand are some basic soap supplies for last minute gifts to make. I started making simple soaps years ago and had invested in some yummy scented oils and red, yellow and blue colors. I also keep on hand a packet of ground apricot seed scrub and I have an assortment of molds. Having gotten bored with my traditional molds I have decided to experiment. I was inspired by the super cute popsicle soaps on etsy.com and came up with cupcake soaps. They are so super easy anyone can do them. The glycerin (I used the white kind here) melts easily in a glass measuring cup in the microwave. Then adding my scent and tints (these are raspberry vanilla, so I was mixing colors to get a raspberry kinda color). Then I simply poured the mixture into aluminum cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Stick them in the freezer to harden and simply peel the aluminum off. Simple simple. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails