Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Jammie pants

I made some flannel pj pants for my kids the other day. I found some Disney Cars movie character flannel a while back at my Hancock and knew the boys would love it. Sometimes Zachary complains that I only make stuff for the girls, but sewing for boys is so limited. I knew they would love some soft jammie pants.The problem with handmade pants is that you (or I should say kids or hubby) can't tell which is the front and those of you who've sewn pants know there is a distinct front and back. I do have my own labels, but my kids are anti label...especially Zachary. So to 'mark' the front without a label I sewed a bow on the front of Kalla's and a button on the boys.

The kids were so thrilled to get ready for bed last night!

These would make a great gift! I didn't save mine for Christmas as my kids actually needed warm jammies right now! I might be on the lookout for some more cool boy fabric though as Z wanted to know why I made Kalla 2 pair (I have a ton of girly flannel in my stash already). :)

7 comments:

kim said...

Those are so cute! Every year I say I'm going to make us all matching flannel jammies (or, at least, coordinating--not sure DH would love the exact same flannel as the kids, LOL), but every year, we get too close to Christmas and I have too many projects.

Oh, and I just picked up some really cute monkey flannel at Hobby Lobby yesterday that I think would qualify as manly enough, assuming he likes animals. . .

Unknown said...

those are adorable!!

it's posts like these that make me wish i knew how to sew... or make me want to start looking at sewing machines! :)

Beth said...

I love the pants & I love how you marked the fronts. I'm going to have to borrow that idea! Beth

Abbie S-Dyer said...

i know what you mean about getting fabric for boys...its so limited! great pj pants! did you use a pattern?

annamae said...

very cute! I feel the same about making more for my daughter than my son... it's just hard to find good patterns and cute fabrics! anyway, I've been wanting to make pjs for the kids for Christmas and this def. inspires me! so thanks :)

carrie said...

Ooh, ooh, love these. I'm feeling like you might need to do a tutorial... hint hint! Would love to do these for my boy!

Keri said...

Very cute! Those look like some comfy kids!

I just sewed some for my husband for his birthday. Plain grey this time, but he has airplanes already and jeeps waiting to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails