Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 3 ~ setting the table


Just a few decorating ideas I've tumbled across or thought of and thought I'd share. I love decorating the tables for dinners, but beware my style is casual and kinda eclectic (ie thrifty). I love the scavenger hunt through the house to find things to throw on the table. I already own a small collection of terracotta, so here I just put some silk mums in a pot for a large center piece.

Then I found these lovely free turkey/Thanksgiving downloads here. I took hubby's collection of pecans he got from our tree in the back and put in a large clear vase with orange ribbon. Sticky balls, acorns and fresh leaves would also be nice.
You can get this turkey printable here on Martha Stewart. Print on cardstock for a friendly turkey center piece. I placed mine a tray of smooth rocks, but they show them on an accordion strips which I will probably do, but didn't have them made up yet. A bag of small pumpkins or gourds make great votives.
My 'table cloth' is actually a fall shower curtain from Target. I liked the contemporary style of it. For the place settings, I made felt placemats/trivets from this template on MS. For the napkins, if you are like me you probably don't have 12+ cloth napkins for every holiday. So I simply got inexpensive broadcloth in orange and cut them with pinking shears to make instant napkins. I used cute scrapbook paper and a button for napkin rings. And the best tip I saw on the internet somewhere for a party was to use mason jars for drinking glasses. Very inexpensive way to have matching glasses and tie with a festive ribbon.
Here is another free Thanksgiving download that I didn't use, but it's very cute.
Now bring on the food!! :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for helping us get ready. Please stop by my blog and pick up your award. I'm posting this morning--a little thanks for the visits, your posts and the blog friendship.

~T~ said...

Very nice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails