Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Contemporary Metal Board~clip your holiday cards on!

Ok, I know I sound like a broken record, but I saw this little lovely in a magazine! And boy oh boy was I loving it from first sight! A big ole' metal board. And my favorite adjectives...easy, cheap and CONTEMPORARY! :) And not only is it totally cool alone, you can decorate it up for any holiday or occasion.

This holiday season I'm using it to hold Christmas cards we receive. Being early, I haven't received but one, so as of now it's holding my lovely stash of vintage style Christmas postcards from Anthropologie.

These cool mesh things are simply metal gutter covers you can get at your home improvement store. I got mine at Home Depot on the last aisle past the lumber in the back. Each under $2. They come with these metal clippie things that I pried off with a flat screwdriver. Then I hung them on the wall with skinny little nails.

To use to hang stuff on it, I used the small wood craft clips. I glued on heavy circle magnets to the back and large buttons on the top.

So now it is all ready for all the lovely cards and pictures of friend's kids we get in the mail!

3 comments:

KY said...

Hi Deanna,

This metal board is a fantastic idea for Christmas cards. I love the ornaments below too.

Also wanted to let you know I used your Quickie Fabric Belt in a recent blog post.

See it here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/how-to-diy-christmas-gifts-for-teens/

If you're interested in guest blogging for FaveCrafts sometime, don't hesitate to contact me =)

Kristen
Editor
FaveCrafts.com

Deanna said...

Thanks Kristen!

I would love to guest sometime!:)

Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails