Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cupcake Bites


I made these tiny cupcakes for snack at the sewing class I lead every month.  They are super yummy!  My favorite is the coconut.

The cupcakes are simply a white cake mix with 3/4 tsp of almond flavoring added.  Then I made the following  frosting:

Almond Buttercream Frosting
1/2 C butter softened
1/2 C shortening
4 C powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp milk (add more if needed to get texture desired...I always add more)
Cream butter and shortening.  Carefully add sugar.  Then mix in extracts and milk.

I then put it in a large ziplock bag and cut a hole in the corner and just squeezed it out onto each cupcake.  To make the coconut, simply toast it in oven on 200F stirring and watching carefully until all is slightly brown.  Careful...it can burn easily!  I'm so making larger coconut cupcakes for the adults at Maressa's coming up party!  YUM!

2 comments:

Amy@theredheaddiaries.blogspot.com said...

I just wanted to say thanks because I am totally copying your candy themed b-day party. My daughter turns 7 next week and is so excited!!!

Deanna said...

Amy, I would love to see pics! You can find so many sweets and candy themed stuff this time of year with VDay coming up and all. We're doing cupcakes for my youngest and they are all over the place! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails