Thursday, July 22, 2010

Our simple rainbow sheet cake

We made this rainbow sheet cake for Kalla's 7th birthday party (see previous post).
It was a collaborative effort.  We used two white cake mixes.
Divided the batter into 6 bowls.  Approximately 1 1/4 C batter into each.
Then we mixed in some intense gel food coloring.
I used a large cake pan from Walmart wedding/cake supply aisle.  I started out spreading the red batter at the bottom.  After the first layer I wasn't able to spread the other colored batter on top without mixing the colors.  So I drizzled each color in the order of the rainbow.  All in all it worked out and we had vibrant pieces of cake.  :)

6 comments:

Patrizzia said...

That cake looks so fun. What kid would not LOVE to eat that.. yeck, I would love to eat that.

Thanks for sharing.

kim said...

The coloring is incredible! I love it!

Tracey said...

Wow! That is one cool looking cake!!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Awesome!!

BOWquet said...

That cake LOOKS awesome!

Unknown said...

I never thought of doing that with sheet cake! It looks so yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails