Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monster Mash Pretzels

Ok, I made some cutsie food too.  :)  I was browsing the newest issue of Everyday Food and saw these in an ad for pretzel sticks.  I already had everything to make them and that paired with the fact that the kids just were complaining a little that there was not a 'special' after school snack the other day I decided to make some.  Yeah, kids spoiled much?  lol
To make your own monster pretzles, you just need some pretzel sticks, green food coloring, white chocolate (I used bark) and mini marshamallows.
I melted some bark down in a bowl in the microwave.  I used 3 cubes for our snack.  I then added a smidge of green gel food coloring.

Then I took handfuls of pretzel sticks and broke them in half and added to the chocolate.
I kept adding the pretzels til the chocolate was used up once coating all the pieces.
Once the prezels are coated, spoon lumps of chocolate pretzels onto wax paper.  While still melted, take mini marshmallows and cut in half with kitchen shears.  The ad used mini red M&M's on the marshmallows to make eyes, but I didn't have any so I used food writers to make red dots.
The kids were so excited to have their special snack yesterday and gobbled them up!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much fun. can't wait to make them for a special treat this week. my kids too, like to fun snacks when they get home from school and it is nice to have fresh new ideas. thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails