Friday, February 25, 2011

My giant happy bulletin board

Last month while I was at my sister's house, I went thifting one day and came across this glorious frame at a Goodwill.  Luckily I was able to fit it in the back of my hubby's Fusion to bring home.   I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. 
First I pulled off the white part of the frame and wire hanger.
Then I spray painted the gold frame a gloss white.
After carefully measuring the inside of the frame I mounted cork tiles to fit the frame. 
Some I had to cut down to size with a sharp blade.
Then with 2 nails in the very top of the cork tiles and some command sticky strips along the other sides, I hung the frame on top.  My giant happy bullentin board.  :)

That makes me think of this fun REM song.   Talk about color explosion!  :)  And talk about dating myself!  ;)  My favorite REM song was Stand and I would stand in front of the tv copying all the moves.  lol  I was cool like that.

Stay tuned for the entire playroom makeover.

2 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love this!
To do list: find fabulous frame and copy giant happy bulletin board project!

Tanya said...

Cute! I just took some old beat up bulletin boards and repainted the frames. The covered the cork with fabric using spray adhesive. It turned out reeding cute. You could panel it out like the ones in PB Teen too....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails