Thursday, October 27, 2011

My littlest veteranarian, aka animal doctor

Costume #2 for this one.
Her preschool class had a community helper party today in lieu of a Halloween party.
When she decided to be an animal doctor I just couldn't help myself.

I found this adorable kitty fabric and made some super simple scrubs and doctors coat.

I used an old pants pattern for the bottoms.
I just used a shirt of hers to trace to cut out a simple top.
I learned the hard way not to use a knit tee.
Cotton tops need to be much more wide.
As you can see I just cut the sleeves in.
This ended up being too fitted.
So I added those strips you see to the left all along each side seam.
This made it perfect and was easy to do.
I didn't take a picture, but I cut a vneck top and after sewing the shoulders and sides,
 I used bias tape for the edges of the neck.
For her doctors coat, I bought a size large boys white button up.
I cut all the buttons off.
Then I cut off the sleeves after the entire cuff and hemmed.
The bottom I cut evenly across and hemmed.

Then I used a scrap of the shirt and wrote Maressa's name with a fabric marker.
Sewed it to the pocket.

Yes, now I'm officially bonkers.
I reasoned by the lavish costume that she can use the scrubs as pjs.
The lab coat can be used for play.

Luckily, I don't have to make anything much for the others.
Kalla is going to be a black cat.
Black tee, black yoga pants, ears and tail from Target and we'll make her a cute collar.
Micah is going as Flash and the mailman brought his costume.
Zachary is going to be Robin.
Couldn't find a proper fitting costume for him so I'm transforming a tee and sweat pants to the Boy Wonder.  ;)

Course will have pics of all next week.

What are your kids going as this year?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails