Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Lemonade Cupcakes

lcupcakes1
I made 40+ cupcakes the other day for some campers at Summer Camp that is held through many people that go to my church. 
It was my turn to feed them lunch. 
I wanted something easy and fun and yummy for dessert.

lcupcakes2
I started with a box of lemon cake that I made cupcakes with.
Then I made my standard buttercream frosting and added some Country Time lemonade mix to it.

Lemonade Buttercream Frosting
1 C shortening
4 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp milk
1/8 C instant lemonade mix
Mix til well blended. 

lcupcakes3
I have a love/hate relationship with frosting.
I like it thick, but hate spreading it on cupcakes.
Sometimes I do the frosting tip in a big ziplock bag trick.
But when I made the last batch of cupcakes (star wars party) I ripped a hole somewhere in the bag and frosting escaped all over the place.
I was tired and on the verge of tears over silly frosting.
So on this day I just messily piled it on top.
Who cares what it looks like once its in your tummy right?
And the sour gummy worms hide the mess that is the frosting anyway.  ;)

These cupcakes had the right bit of sour and sweet. 
Even my not-so-big-on-cupcakes kid liked them.  :)

1 comment:

Michelle E. said...

Might try this one, too! I'm usually a chocolate girl but would make an exception for lemonade!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails