Thursday, October 1, 2009

Raisin Bran Muffins: recipe review

My kids LOVE raisin bran cereal. So I decided to try some raisin bran muffins thinking they would make great for a quick breakfast on the go or after school snack. These are yummy. They are sweet and very moist. They are also chewy. I happen to like chewy food like extra chewy brownies and bagels. If you don't like chewy, then this recipe isn't for you. 2 out of 4 of my kids like these. But Kalla doesn't really count because she doesn't like any kind of muffin, never has. Maressa is 2 years old and hasn't tried them because she is skeptical of any new food that is not of the chocolate variety. The boys really dig them. And I'm enjoying them as a mid-morning snack myself.

You can find the recipe I used here.

I didn't add the extra raisins, because I'm not a big raisin nut and I used canola oil instead of the olive, because olive oil in baking just doesn't sound appealing. I'm thinking adding some dried craisins would be very yummy as well. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails