Friday, February 5, 2010

Technically Speaking~how to resize your photos in Blogger

Before Blogger updated it's posting software, for some reason it only downloaded my photos in their original giant size.  When I put in 'large' it didn't change it at all.  Though I'm not real happy with some of the changed they made, at least you can press a button to change your photo size.  However, it is SUPER easy to customize it yourself.  I find that the LARGE is too small and the XLARGE a tad too big (I figure not everyone has a giant monitor like I do).  So I change my photo size all the time.    :)

Here's Z making a fast break in Blogger's XLARGE setting.

Here is their LARGE setting.  Here is the code:

img border="0" height="400" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/zball1.jpg" width="265" /

Here is my CUSTOM
img border="0" src ="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/zball1.jpg" width="400" /
What you do is find the image codes in html.  It looks like above with between <>.  To change the size, simply delete the 'height=' measurement entirely (compare the above html to the one on the picture above this one).  Then change your width number only to your preferred setting.  I generally use 400 on vertical pics and 500 on horizontal.  Then the picture adjust the appropriate height with the width size automatically.

Here is a landscape size photo.
Here it is XLARGE.  It doesn't even fit.
img border="0" height="425" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="640"

Isn't this funny?  My kids were apparently playing parties with all of Micah's 18 dogs (and a few of the others).  lol

LARGE

img border="0" height="265" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="400"

CUSTOM
img border="0" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="500"

You can do so many things on your blog. If Blogger doesn't have a button/layout/setting for it and you want to do it anyway their are tutorials galore. I simply googled the widget thingies under each post to find out how to add those. And how to adjust your layout to 3 column can be found in several tutorials.

So if you are looking to find out how to do more with your blog, google is a great place to start. Just google 'blogger widgets' and there are a ton of stuff out there that I had never seen. :)

2 comments:

A Lovell said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been wondering how to get my pictures bigger for a long time (mine only has sm, med, large as an option) and now it looks so easy.
Thanks again

jaya pratheesh said...

that is really helpful! thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails