Friday, February 5, 2010

Technically Speaking~how to resize your photos in Blogger

Before Blogger updated it's posting software, for some reason it only downloaded my photos in their original giant size.  When I put in 'large' it didn't change it at all.  Though I'm not real happy with some of the changed they made, at least you can press a button to change your photo size.  However, it is SUPER easy to customize it yourself.  I find that the LARGE is too small and the XLARGE a tad too big (I figure not everyone has a giant monitor like I do).  So I change my photo size all the time.    :)

Here's Z making a fast break in Blogger's XLARGE setting.

Here is their LARGE setting.  Here is the code:

img border="0" height="400" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/zball1.jpg" width="265" /

Here is my CUSTOM
img border="0" src ="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/zball1.jpg" width="400" /
What you do is find the image codes in html.  It looks like above with between <>.  To change the size, simply delete the 'height=' measurement entirely (compare the above html to the one on the picture above this one).  Then change your width number only to your preferred setting.  I generally use 400 on vertical pics and 500 on horizontal.  Then the picture adjust the appropriate height with the width size automatically.

Here is a landscape size photo.
Here it is XLARGE.  It doesn't even fit.
img border="0" height="425" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="640"

Isn't this funny?  My kids were apparently playing parties with all of Micah's 18 dogs (and a few of the others).  lol

LARGE

img border="0" height="265" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="400"

CUSTOM
img border="0" src="http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd58/deannasdesigns/partyfordogs.jpg" width="500"

You can do so many things on your blog. If Blogger doesn't have a button/layout/setting for it and you want to do it anyway their are tutorials galore. I simply googled the widget thingies under each post to find out how to add those. And how to adjust your layout to 3 column can be found in several tutorials.

So if you are looking to find out how to do more with your blog, google is a great place to start. Just google 'blogger widgets' and there are a ton of stuff out there that I had never seen. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been wondering how to get my pictures bigger for a long time (mine only has sm, med, large as an option) and now it looks so easy.
Thanks again

Jaya P said...

that is really helpful! thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails