Friday, September 10, 2010

Taming the school papers

School papers.  They come home by the stacks.  Now that we have 4 kids in some sort of school, they can get really out of hand very quickly! 

When I saw these double wall files in a catalog I just knew they would do the trick to tame all the papers.  They are metal and a lovely shade of green.  I hung them low enough that the 2 little kids can reach the bottom.  I used wide popsicle sticks, paper and stickers to create magnets with their name to label their file.  When each kid gets home from school, they empty out their totes and backpacks and put their papers in here.  Then later when I have time I can go through them all and then file or throw away.  The little kids especially love putting their papers away in their own file holder.
They hang in our little office not far from the front door.  We are loving them.  :)

2 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

I wish the top of my desk looked like that. Sigh.

I love this idea.

Beccalynn said...

Great idea! One day, when my baby is old enough to be in school, I'll definitely remember that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails