Thursday, December 18, 2008

5 Ways to use Martha's holiday paper~last min decorating

I got this glorious pack of scrap paper at Walmart. It's the Martha Stewart brand. So since I don't scrap, I found lots of other things to do with it! First off is my holiday card holders. I took these 4x6 white dollar frames and framed my favorite pictures from the paper like the sweet little village scenes and gingerbread chain. Then I attached red ribbon to the back of the frames and hung them on the wall.
To hold the cards on, I used mini clothes pins and glued paper circles to the ends. Now when I receive new cards I just pin them on the ribbons. Simple simple.
Secondly I made this fun garland. SO (sew) easy to do! Just take your round hole punch and make a bunch of circles. Run them one by one in your sewing machine so that they touch end to end. Make as long as you need and I used a little bit of invisible tape to hang it up. Looks real cute with my felt trees and red sweater stockings (more on those in a bit).

We also used this popular paper to make our teacher gifts. On the magnets and for the wrapper.

And I glued the paper to the tops of my sugar scrub jars. Just used the metal top to trace and then glued down.
So there ya go, 5 things to do with scrapbooking papers this holiday! :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Great ideas Deanna, that can be used all year! Angela

Anonymous said...

Love your ideas with Scrapbook paper. I love scrapbook paper too but don't scrapbook.
deezie

carrie said...

I love love that idea for hanging cards. I might have to use that one next year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails