Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Get Well Gifty

A young lady at my church was feeling bad after a procedure she had done. So I had the idea to send her a cheer up/get well soon package. I made some smiley face cookies and this black apple doll...in a variation she shows here. I wanted so bad for the doll to hold something and it has to be somewhat small. So I used some printed cardboard (from a sticker package) and white card stock to make this tiny book. I cut the cardboard down, added white pages and sewed down the middle. Used red electrical tape for the 'binding' and added an initial. Fun printed pencil and my gift was complete! Boy I loved how this turned out. How I would love to make a row of these for myself! And oh how Kalla drooled over it. Thinking a stubby-legged black apple doll would be the perfect thing for her stocking! Shhhh! Don't tell her! :)

5 comments:

kim said...

So cute!! I know a little girl who would love one of those in her stocking as well--may have to see what I can squeeze in.

Anna said...

she is so sweet (and so are you for giving such a thoughtful gift).

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love it.

Katherine said...

Such a great Get well gift Idea! You are so so talented Deanna :)

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest get-well gift ever! I'm so going to steal your idea! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails