Monday, November 30, 2009

Getting all decked out!

Well, I'm back from my unintended week long blog break! We had a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoyed out of town family visiting. And ate LOTS of yummy food! :) So now I'm full out Christmas! I've been decorating in the last week preparing for another girl's night out holiday party. More on that later this week!

So just sharing some of the festive-ness going on over here. I am still in love with my felt trees. Haven't hung the red sweater stockings yet, but if you'd like a little tutorial on those follow the link. :)

I made a couple small felt wreaths to go over the kid's kitchen and a little tin Christmas tea set (found this year at Target).
These were so simple! And I used up scraps from those sweater stockings too!
This is one of my stockings as a child. It's handmade. It was our 'fruit' stocking. :) We got 2 stockings every year growing up. One with goodies and this one with a couple of oranges and apples and a banana. The one with goodies had a few things that were always in them as far as I could remember til I moved out: chapstick, hershey kisses and a coloring book with a new pack of crayons.

And lastly, we have quite the stash of non breakable ornaments for this rowdy bunch! I have them in a metal basket on a low shelf in my living room for a dash of color. :)
More DIY decorating projects coming up this week! Snowball ornaments, cool metal card display and more! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails