Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pinned Project: Glitter clothespins

I wanted to share some of my favorite pins on Pinterest that are ever increasing my to do list!
First one I did was this super quick project.
While I did my first string artwork from a string and clothespins about 8 years ago in my old dining room, I love the idea of making sparkly ones.
I knew this would be perfect for Maressa's ever increasing art work that she likes to hang up over her bed.

We just recently un-bunked the girls' beds and have a lot of wall.
I peeled off all the taped up pics and washed down the wall and now we're ready to go with more art.  :)

They were super easy to make. 
I would have let Maressa help me, but instead a friend and I did them over coffee one morning to surprise our girls.

We simply used a paintbrush to apply Mod Podge on the tops and then pressed them into the glitter.
I used large cupcake liners to put glitter in.
Then once they were dry I applied a thick coat of Mod Podge on top so the girls won't get glitter in their beds when they hang their art up.

These would make great magnets as well.

Maressa loves them.
No surprise there!  ;)

1 comment:

Christine said...

My girls would love these! I'm absolutely going to make a handful for their rooms!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails