Monday, September 26, 2011

A little Baseball Party

We had Z's birthday party this past Saturday.
Big surprise it was baseball themed.

I got this plain cardboard cupcake tower at Hobby Lobby.
Then I used some baseball printed ribbon with glue dots to decorate.
Then used stickers to add the Happy Birthday.
I cut the brown glove shape and taped to a popsicle stick and added a circle cut from baseball texture printed paper.

I had got a bunch of cute baseball papers to decorate, but never got around to making anything.
So this cute cupcake tower was pretty much it.

The cupcakes are chocolate with homemade chocolate frosting (my favorite is the one on the Hershey powdered cocoa box.)
Then I dipped oreos in white chocolate bark then decorated them like baseballs with red frosting.

I also provided snacks.  Ten year old boy type snacks.
Those awful neon cheese balls that every child loves, beef jerky, sunflower seeds and bowl of apple slices and grapes to throw out something healthy.  ;)

We had the party at a local baseball training facility.
After the last 2 year rain outs, I figured this would be a safe option for a dozen active boys.


The party favors were Cracker Jacks, baseball cards, baseball chocolates and some Big Chew gum.
I got all of it in bulk on Amazon.

I've posted these before, but just wanted to add the invites here too.  :)
As for the cupcakes, an easier version is to cut marshmallows in half and draw on them with a red food pen.
I made these to share at a baseball game.

Don't forget to enter the Rolled Canvas giveaway!
Last day to enter is Sept 28th morning.

1 comment:

djjdjdjdjd said...

Looks like the boys had a blast! You always do the greatest parties. I really love the invites. Those totally rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails