Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Cowboy Cookies

I've heard of the cowboy cookie before, but never made them.
Intrigued by the hearty ingredients, I finally decided to try them.
We had a church thing this past Sunday of which I volunteered to make cookies for kids for after we went caroling so this was a perfect opportunity to bake them.

I used this recipe and altered it slightly.
Instead of chocolate chips, I used red and green M&M's and omitted the nuts.
They turned out thick and chewy just like I was looking for.
Coconut was just enough for me to enjoy, but not enough that small children shall detect it.  ;)
I would probably add just a bit more next time.

I may have enjoyed some leftovers with my morning coffee.
They do have oatmeal after all.  ;)

1 comment:

zakkalife said...

mmm, looks good, I love just about anything with coconut in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails