Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I now have a seven year old!

We celebrated Zachary's birthday this past weekend with a bunch of boys and a bunch of legos. More details of the party stuff here.
He requested a pile of rice krispie treats and push pops instead of cake and ice cream (however, on his actual birthday, this past Mon, I made chocolate chocolate cupcakes with a cream filling that we shared with our Monday night bible study). We also had popcorn, veggies n dip, fresh fruit and cheezit snack mix and Lego fruit snacks. I 'glued' the big candle on the top treat with melted chocolate. I decorated the tables with festive yellow paper table cloths and red and yellow balloons and a few Lego creations of Zachary's.
In the center of our deck I poured a huge pile of Legos on our train table and the boys had a blast building there. We saw who could build the tallest tower without falling. Then they made their own creations to take home.


Everyone seemed to have a blast and this was my easiest party yet.

After all the presents were opened we presented Z with our present. We got him a real live leopard gecko. All the boys got a kick out of this baby reptile cutie (yes, even the moms thought he was cute).

Then when all was said and done a bunch of them squeezed into our big sandbox.

3 comments:

ginny said...

Very nice party! I'll bet your lego lover loved it. Do you still have your lego toothpicks? Would you like to sell them? I would be interested in them. We could go through Ebay definitely. My 10 year old is having a lego party in three weeks and he'd love them!

Deanna said...

Thanks! I see they aren't on eBay anymore. I'd be glad to loan you mine for cost of shipping (I have another boy who may want a lego party one day) but you can buy some here:
http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/novelties/novelties2.htm

Hope this helps!

ginny said...

Thank you so much for the link. I searched high & low online and couldn't find them. And thanks so much for your offer to let me borrow them! That is so nice. I went ahead and ordered some. My son will be so excited!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails