Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holly Jolly Party

Had my Cookie Exchange party last night. We had lots of fun visiting, eating and crafting...oh and took home TONS of cookies! I put 2 bags in the freezer before I went to bed last night!

So the party details and some quick easy ideas for festiveness! For my table cloth I got 2 yards of red and white dot fabric for the table cloth. The cute little appetizer trays/plates came from Target. It felt good to not have a lot of garbage and they can be used year and after year and my kids love having their snacks on them. I used red and white cocktail napkins instead of holiday printed so the leftovers can be easily saved for upcoming parties.

LOTS of food. Including the mini cherry tarts, Oreo truffles and Cran Crunch bars.
For beverages I got the holiday glass bottle Cokes from Target, some holiday Jones Sodas, eggnog (non spiked) and hot chocolate bar with mini marshmallows and chocolate dipped candy cane sticks.


Above my food table I hung my newly acquired Black Apple print and made a candy cane garland.

Party favors were jars of sugar scrub, bars of peppermint scrub soap and felt recipe card holders.


To make the card holders I simply bought red squares of felt and stamped silver stars on in with silver acrylic paint.
To make the stamps, I simply cut stars out of corrugated cardboard.
Then I slipped in recipe cards I printed on cardstock from my computer of recipes of things I served at my party and the sugar scrub. When others brought recipes to go with their cookies I slipped those in too.

For the crafting portion of my party, I had holiday scrapbooking papers, 1" hole punch, glue, glass stones/marbles and magnets on my kitchen table for those who wanted to make some marble magnets. I also got little candy boxes from a local candy/baking shop for them to put them in.

6 comments:

Peggy said...

VERY impressive!!

Keri said...

Wow! I want to come next year!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This sounds amazing!! I think you are the queen of hostessing!! :)

Arja

Brenda said...

Speaking as one in attendance, it was alot of fun, and yes- she's the queen of hostessing! I never left a party with so many goodies... :-)

Deanna said...

Thanks guys!

Brenda, I was SO glad you 'finally' got to come craft at my house! We'll have to do it again real soon! :)

Anonymous said...

I featured your party on Tip Junkie today. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails