Sunday, October 7, 2007

My favorite time of year...

I finally got to make a scrumptious batch of pumpkin bread the other day. And as promised here is the recipe:
3 cups self rising flour
3-4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 cups sugar
4 eggs--beaten
1 cup melted marg
1/2 cup water
2 cups cooked pumpkin
1 cup pecans chopped (opt)
Sift dry ingredients in lg bowl. Make a well in the center. In smaller bowl mix all other ingredients and put into well. Mix well. Grease pans. Put into 3 loaf pans or I prefer mini loaves. Bake at 350F for about an hour for regular sized loaves, 45-50mins for mini loaves.

Also here is another fall favorite:
Instant Vanilla Chai Tea
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non dairy creamer
1 cup french vanilla flavored powdered creamer
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp grd ginger
2 tsp grd cinnamon
1 tsp grd cloves
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp white pepper
In large bowl combine all ingredients. In a food processor blend one cup at a time until mixture is a fine powder...this step is important to prevent grainy tea.
To serve: stir 2 heaping tablespoons mixture into mug of hot water.

BOTH of these recipes make great holiday gifts!!

Also this weekend we went to the pumpkin farm. I look forward to this event every year and we always have a blast. Little hot this year, but still way fun. Here are my favorite photos:










This was grandma and grandpa's first year with us at the farm. I think they had fun. But everyone was so tired in the end. :)


5 comments:

djjdjdjdjd said...

Made your pumpkin bread tonight, and I will be linking back here on my site tomorrow. Thanks for sharing! My house smells fantastic right now:o)

Sandy said...

Was on a search for Pumpkin Bread and came across two blogs that led me to your recipe.. it's new to me.. tea and powered coffee creamer? Going to make it this week.. sounds really good with all the spices... thank you
You have a beautiful family
Sandy

Deanna said...

Thank you Sandy for your comment. Hope you enjoy the pumpkin bread!

Anonymous said...

Can this be done in a bunt pan

Deanna said...

I would think it would turn out just fine in a bundt pan. Will probably need longer to bake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails