Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My new foyer

So here's what it looks like now.

Just a little furniture. Mirror was a Target clearance find a few months back. The rest I had around the house and will do for now. Eventually I will replace the pendant light and add a funky coat rack and rug runner. The doorknobs will be replaced too as brass hurts my eyes. ;)
We removed lots of wallpaper.

Who knew peeling wallpaper could be so much fun?!

Here is sort of a before. You can see the ugly wallpaper. Unfortunately the unsightly grille cannot be replaced nor can it come all the way off so I can spray paint it white. The doors and trim were a light pinky/peachy putty kind of color.



Next project to come...the dining room. I found some $5 paint at Home Depot the other day in suitable colors. And my love of all loves of things of the inanimate nature....a new chandelier. Just as a disclaimer, I normally would not spend such an amount on this, but I fell in love with it a year ago. Have waited patiently for almost a year for it to go on sale (it's $100 off right now for a limited 8 days) and I saved up my money for it and used a GC for a portion. :) :) Now just to get sweet hubby to install it. Meanwhile I've got more (much more!) wallpaper to remove as my large dining room is covered in it!

2 comments:

Momof2Minions said...

Hi, just came across your blog. Loving it already. Can you tell me the paint color of the foyer? Thanks!

Deanna said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by!

I locate the leftover paint in my garage and let you know...it'll be next week though as I'm leaving town tomorrow! :) Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails