Friday, July 10, 2009

No Bake Cookies~Yum Yum!

I love these cookies! And they are so easy to make and with ingredients I always have on hand. The other night I decided to make some to take to a potluck party at the park. But instead of making plopping mounds onto cookie sheets to make the usually unsightly looking cookies, I decided to make them bars. I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and poured the mixture into it and spread it around evenly then stuck in fridge overnight (you only need about 1 hour if you do this other than bedtime).
The next morning I gently pulled the aluminum foil out of the pan onto the counter and gently peeled the sides down. Then I cut into bars and pulled them off the sheet.
Yum Yum!
Here's the actual recipe:
No Bake Cookies (not sure if they have another name)
1/2C peanut butter
3 tsp cocoa
2 C sugar
1/2 C butter
1/2 C milk
3 C oats
1 tsp vanilla
Stir all ingredients EXCEPT oats and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute then remove from heat. Stir in oats and vanilla. Mixture will be soupy. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper and make drop cookies OR pour entire mixture into pan and smooth like above. Chill 1 hour.

4 comments:

Peppermom said...

These are my very favorite cookie in the whole wide world. I have tried to make them like my mom's, but the consistency is never right. They are either too runny or too crumbly. Most of the time we end up standing over the counter eating them with a spoon! I am definitely going to try your recipe!

Crystal Corona said...

I just made them and added dried cranberries on top of a 1/3 and a few chips on another 1/3. I am so excited about them!!!

Robbie said...

As a girl, my older brothers and I would make these after school before our mom got home from work. My oldest brother, Robert, did the actual cooking while David and I were responsible for gathering ingredients and clean-up. It was tough to wait for them to harden. Colon cancer took Robert from us a few years ago, but every time I make these cookies, memories of my brothers come flooding back-sweet memories, just like the cookies.

Deanna said...

Robbie, I'm so sorry for your loss. But what a lovely memory. :)

Crystal, you sound like an official preggo! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails