Monday, November 9, 2009

Lots of Leafy Soap!

We had our annual Harvest Banquet at my church this past weekend. It's a special dinner where the younger married people honor our older generation called the Sun Risers. For the 3rd year I was put in charge of the gifts/party favors. It is always a challenge to come up with something for 60 people that won't put a dent in the pocketbook. This year I did leaf shaped soap. Super easy to do, just takes time. Actually I spent more time sitting down to do the packaging that the soap (soap you simply melt in the microwave, mix your scent and colors and then pour into mold...I speak more of soap making here.) For the packaging I simply used small cellophane bags found in the party section of Hobby Lobby. I placed 2 small soaps with a paper leaf cut out to make pretty and then used paper to cover the top. Punched holes and then tied twine in a knot.



The past years I did marble magnets and stamped note cubes. Have no idea what I'll do next year! Might have to go the edible route.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails