Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The last ones

The last of the yummy yummy peach muffins. As I mentioned before I am off of desserts, but not all carbs. So these lowfat muffins I have deemed acceptable. Few of these mini muffins and a handful of nuts for snack today.

These muffins are basically the same as the muffins in this post, except I left out the cinnamon, nutmeg and apples and substituted canned, no sugar added peaches. I poured a little of the juice in the batter and diced up a nice amount of peaches to add as well (I didn't measure, but I kept adding til I felt there would be several pieces in each mini muffin).

These are the lightest muffins and not at all too sweet. So I've decided that the base of the muffin recipe could lend itself to all kinds of fruits. I want to try pineapple with a hint of brown sugar, blueberries, strawberries...you get the idea. I love that it has a little sugar and made moist with lowfat yogurt. I got the original recipe from the back of a Stoneyfield lowfat vanilla yogurt container.

And the kids love them for breakfast and snacks too. :)
Mmmmm mmmm!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails