Monday, September 28, 2009

A few of my [fall] favorite things

Getting into our fall groove here. The weather is finally cooperating and it's gorgeous! I'm working on my fall mantel and kinda going a different angle this year. A little whimsy and more colorful. These sparkly orange letters came from the Target dollar spot (along with the twine they are sticking too--they have a sticky back).

Here's one corner that's almost done. I tweak and tweak my mantels for a few days til I'm satisfied. Plus I'm working on making one of these in a fallish print (the owl one) to possibly go up there. The colorful mums are silk from Hobby Lobby and I wrapped twine around a glass vase to put them in. If you want to temporarily wrap twine around a vase (in other words, not gluing it permanently down) simply tape the end to the bottom back of the vase and tightly wind around and tape the top end in an inconspicuous spot.

Anyway, here are a few links to some of my previous years fall posts and fav recipes to make this time of year. :)

Fall decor craftiness

Fall/apple themed gift

Fav fall type recipes:

Brunswick stew and chicken tortilla soup

Apple spice muffins

Pumpkin bread and instant chai tea mix

THE best chili

Autumn leaf pie pockets

2 comments:

Dena said...

I love the vibrant colors of fall.

Krista said...

Yum!! I am so gonna try the apple spice muffins! My littlest one will devour those, I'm sure!

It's looking great over there for fall! I'm still getting over 100 degree temps over here, so it's hard to get into the season, but I've gotta buckle down and do it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails